18 Apr Are you going Green?
Celebrate Earth Day – April 22nd
More than a billion people worldwide will be celebrating Earth Day on April 22. This day began, over 30 years ago, as a way to inspire awareness and appreciation for our planet and natural environment.
We must do our part in conserving resources and be intolerant of waste. So how can we go green at home? Here are some inexpensive and easy tips for the whole family to go green at home:
- Recycle – place bin(s) visible to all so that plastic and aluminum can be recycled, have the kids help sort out recycleable items
- Plant an herb garden – here you know exactly where your herbs come from
- Use reusable bags – almost all retailers sell reuseable bags…use these bags everytime you go shopping…keep them in your trunk, that way you always have bags available
- Turn off the lights – if you’re not in the room, you don’t need the lights. During the day, open the blinds and use natural light
- Pay your bills online – less paper, and who carries stamps anymore?
- Wash laundry in cold water – hot water isn’t good for your clothes anyways
- Turn off the water that you’re not using – especially when brushing teeth
- Turn off all electronics – computers and video games included…all the way
The Niche Mommy encourages our mommies and kids to join us in green efforts and share your stories and successes. Let’s go GREEN!