01 Dec New Year’s To-Do List for Bloggers
As we near the end of the year, bloggers and content creators take this time to reflect on what they’ve accomplished in the past 12 months and set goals for the future. Did you see a boost in traffic from Pinterest? Would you like to speak at a conference next year? Would you like to double or triple your income for your blog? Here’s a New Year’s to-do list for bloggers and content creators to help you reach this year’s goals. We’ve created sections to help you streamline, create content, increase your visibility and monetize better than previous years.
To-Do List for Bloggers
- Create a spreadsheet with links to your social media profiles and their passwords.
- Set reminders to renew your blog’s hosting and registered domain names.
- Consider hiring a virtual assistant to handle social sharing or design aspects of your blog.
- Update your blog’s media kit numbers and statistics each month/each quarter.
- Purchase a blogging planner to track your content, income, events, expenses, etc.
- Plan your content calendar one, three or six months ahead of time.
- Pitch gift guides for holidays and events at least two months ahead of time.
- Consider collaborations with content creators in your niche. Host a link-up of similar topics and recipe round-ups, become more active in “blogger’s only” Facebook group, or join collaborative Pinterest boards.
- Create branded printables and e-books on your blog’s most popular topics. Use these downloads as an opportunity to build your e-newsletter list.
- Explore the blogging conferences you’d like to attend or present at this year.
- Create & update your LinkedIn profile.
- Create a consulting site to showcase your skills outside of your blog like social media management, video production and freelance writing.
- Start a podcast or Periscope series to connect with more listeners/viewers.
- Pursue media opportunities to be interviewed in magazines, newspapers and on television.
- Host in-person events and pitch ambassadorships.
- Update and distribute your media kit to past PR contacts.
- Apply for more opportunities in The Network Niche and other blogging networks.
Related topic: How to Become a Blogging Conference Speaker
Comment below: What are your blogging goals for the New Year? How will you stay accountable to complete the tasks on this New Year’s To-List for Bloggers?