06 Mar Best Podcasts for Bloggers of All Niches
One of the easiest ways to stay up-to-date on the ever changing world of social media is to listen to podcasts. Not only will you easily get the latest news on social media, but also an in-depth look to related marketing trends, entrepreneurship advice, and tips that can help guide you in growing your online communities, marketing your offline events, developing content themes, and more for your blog.
Niche Parent Network CEO and Founder, Nadia Jones, attributes listening to multiple podcasts a week as part of what made her transition out of law into marketing and social media full-time possible. Pat Flynn also is known to have listened to podcasts daily when he worked his 9 to 5 job. Sometimes he repeated some episodes 5 or 6 times in a row.
Podcats are on demand radio shows available on iTunes, various websites, and right into your email box when subscribe to a person’s RSS feed. They are pre-recorded so you can tune in whenever its convenient for you. There some podcasts that are niche focused, others that discuss social media or marketing trends in general.
Read our favorites below and be sure to share yours with us in the comments.
Bests Podcasts for Bloggers
- Affiliate Marketing Expert Pat Flynn hosts The Smart Passive Income Podcast where he puts it all out there. Pat is known for sharing his monthly income reports, walking bloggers step-by-step on how to create e-products that sell by the thousands and juggling his family life in a transparent way. Notice the bold, clear images he has to describe each episode of his show. Pat isn’t just a podcast producer. He lists four of his favorite business podcasts.
2. The Copyblogger podcast has two hosts, the VP of Marketing Jerod Morris and Chief Copywriter Demian Farnworth. Tune in to The Lede for in-depth interviews and a look ahead at what’s on the horizon in the digital space.
3. The Content Marketing Institute (CMI) has a network of podcasts designed to answer many questions in an audio format. The flagship show is “This Old Marketing” where Joe Pulizzi and Robert Rose co-host to discuss everything from celebrity social media stars to Facebook.
4. Seth Godin’s Startup School has rave reviews on iTunes. Listeners can hear as he “guides thirty entrepreneurs through a workshop exploring how they can build and run their dream business.”
5. The Shoptalk Show focuses on web design. The hosts, Chris Coyier and Dave Rupert, can tell you everything you need to know about the look and feel of your website. Take notes as you listen and pass them along to your designer or make the changes yourself.
6. Listen to the Social Media Marketing Podcast and the Social Media Examiner Show on-demand for in-depth interviews with social media professionals, as well as the latest changes in the digital world.
Remember to leave a review on iTunes once you listen to a podcast. Help the hosts and producers create the content you love.
Related post: Would you like to start your own podcast in your niche? Who would you like to interview? Here are 7 Reasons Bloggers Should Launch a Podcast. Keep your audience up-to-date even when you’re on the go with mobile podcasting apps for iPad and iPhone.